Billy Hurley III
Height: 5'10" (1.78 m)
Weight: 170 (77 kg)
Age: 39 (June 09, 1982)
Birthplace: Leesburg, Virginia
Residence: Annapolis, Maryland
Family: Wife, Heather; Will, Jacob, Madison
United States Naval Academy (2004, Quantitative Economics)
Special Interests: Hiking with his family, reading, Bible study
Turned Professional: 2006
City plays from: Annapolis, MD, United States
PGA TOURPast champion beyond 150 in 2018-19 FedExCup (thru 2020-21)
PGA TOUR Victories (1):2016 (1) Quicken Loans National.
Career Low Round:63 - 2014 The Greenbrier Classic (Round 2)
Career High FedExCup Rank:#8 : 2014 Frys.com Open
Career High Official World Golf Rank:#114 : 2017 AT&T Byron Nelson
Career Largest Paycheck:$1,242,000 : 2016 Quicken Loans National (Finished 1)
National Team Selections
|PGA TOUR (Playoff Record: 0 - 0)|
|Season||Events||Rounds||1st||2nd||3rd||Top 10||Top 25||Cuts Made||Cuts Missed||WD||FedExCup Rank||Earnings|
|(A) - Amateur|
|THE PLAYERS Championship||Masters Tournament||PGA Championship||U.S. Open||The Open Championship||WGC-HSBC Champions||WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play||WGC-FedEx St. Jude Inv||WGC-Workday Championship at The Concession|
|THE NORTHERN TRUST||Dell Technologies Championship||BMW Championship||TOUR Championship|
- A graduate from the United States Naval Academy in 2004, he served as a Naval officer from 2004-09. Was a lieutenant aboard a U.S. Navy destroyer from 2007-09, serving in the Persian Gulf to protect Iraqi oil platforms. Also spent time on the Red Sea and the South China Sea. Served on the USS Chung-Hoon, a 10,000-ton guided-missile destroyer. Also worked on a cruiser in Jacksonville, Florida, and a destroyer in Pearl Harbor in Hawaii during his five-year obligation.
- Not many people know that he won two ship-driving awards during his Naval career and also navigated the Suez Canal.
- Superstitions include marking his ball with a 1960s dime.
- Has one brother, who played golf at George Mason University, and two sisters.
- Charity work includes Ark Children's House (an orphanage in Ecuador), Birdies For the Brave, Love 146 and Young Life.