Height: 6'0" (1.83 m)
Weight: 150 (68 kg)
Age: 30 (April 24, 1991)
Birthplace: Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Residence: Dallas, Texas
Family: Wife, Haley; Sofia, Mila
University of North Texas (2013, International Studies)
Turned Professional: 2013
City plays from: Guadalajara, Mexico
PGA TOURTournament winner (thru 2022-23)
PGA TOUR Victories (1):2021 (1) Vivint Houston Open.
Korn Ferry Tour Victories (3):2014 (3) Panama Claro Championship, El Bosque Mexico Championship, WinCo Foods Portland Open presented by Kraft.
Career Low Round:62 - 2019 Desert Classic (Round 2)
Career High FedExCup Rank:#6 : 2021 Mayakoba Golf Classic presented by UNIFIN
Career High Official World Golf Rank:#44 : 2021 Puerto Rico Open
Career Largest Paycheck:$1,260,000 : 2021 Vivint Houston Open (Finished 1)
2020-21 Season Highlights
PGA TOURVivint Houston Open - Earned his first PGA TOUR title in his 118th career start, winning the Vivint Houston Open by two strokes over Dustin Johnson and Hideki Matsuyama. From Guadalajara, Mexico, became the third player from Mexico to win on TOUR and the first since Victor Regalado at the 1978 John Deere Classic. Became the second player from Latin America to win the Vivint Houston Open and first since Roberto De Vicenzo of Argentina won his fifth and final TOUR title in 1968. Became the first player from Latin America to win on TOUR since former college teammate Sebastian Munoz at the 2019 Sanderson Farms Championship. Holed a 22-foot, 3-inch putt for birdie on his last hole, becoming the first PGA TOUR winner to make a putt over 20 feet on the 72nd hole since Tyler Duncan at 2019 The RSM Classic. Sony Open in Hawaii - Made back-to-back eagles in the final round of the Sony Open in Hawaii (Nos. 9 and 10), becoming the first player to make eagle on consecutive holes since Brendon Todd at The American Express in 2020 (R3). Farmers Insurance Open - Held a share of the 54-hole lead at the Farmers Insurance Open before finishing T29. Marked the first 54-hole lead/co-lead of his career.
National Team Selections
|PGA TOUR (Playoff Record: 0 - 0)|
|Season||Events||Rounds||1st||2nd||3rd||Top 10||Top 25||Cuts Made||Cuts Missed||WD||FedExCup Rank||Earnings|
|(A) - Amateur|
|THE PLAYERS Championship||Masters Tournament||PGA Championship||U.S. Open||The Open Championship||WGC-HSBC Champions||WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play||WGC-FedEx St. Jude Inv||WGC-Workday Championship at The Concession||Genesis Scottish Open|
|THE NORTHERN TRUST||Dell Technologies Championship||BMW Championship||TOUR Championship|
- Grew up in Guadalajara, Mexico, playing at Guadalajara Country Club, the same home course where LPGA great Lorena Ochoa grew up playing. Is 10 years younger than Ochoa but recalls the work and dedication she put in on the range every day.
- Started to play golf with his father as a youth and picked golf over other sports because "it is the most challenging sport to play."
- Says he would probably be a businessman if he were not playing golf.
- Biggest thrill in golf is the adrenaline he gets in competition.
- Big fan of Real Madrid.
- Enjoys "Two and a Half Men" and the movie "The Untouchables."
- Favorite athlete in another sport is Roger Federer.
- Enjoys steak, sushi and Japanese food.
- His favorite vacation spot would have beaches or skiing.
- Dream foursome would include Tom Watson, Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus.